Friday, November 21, 2008

Carol Gill blogs on about her week at work


The week started well although Lana had just come back from Thailand so it was quite busy. I was expecting a busy week as this weekend is an exeat weekend when lots of our students have to leave school just for two nights so we help them with arrangements and they stay with their host family.


All was sorted out a couple of weeks ago and I was just ready to put the finer points of the week in place when certain students starting to change their minds about what they were going to do! How annoying is that!! It is really embarrassing having to cancel our host families although we do have to pay them if it is that late, but they have all made special plans to host their students. It also takes ages to unravel the work I have already done.


I dont mind too much because I do understand young people - I have four children of my own! I do realise that youngsters have a much better social life than I do!


Anyway all is OK now, everyone is happy and sorted out in the end. I am just off to spend a weekend with my family and leave Lana with the emergency phone!


Jane Forester is off on holiday for a week so I had better gear myself for another busy week next week - I will let you know how it goes - watch this space!!


Carol